The BeadBeater is a unique but simply designed apparatus. A solid Teflon® impeller rotating at high speed forces thousands of minute glass beads to collide in a specially shaped vessel.
- When working with Bacteria use the 0.1mm diameter beads.
- When working with Yeast/Fungi use the 0.5mm diameter beads.
- When working with Most Tissue use the 1.0mm diameter beads.
- When working with skin or plant material use the 2.5mm beads.
- When working with tough samples use the same size beads (as above) but chose a more dense material. For example, most researchers prefer 0.1mm zirconia-silica beads for disruption of spores or 2.5 mm zirconia beads or stainless steel beads for extraction of fibrous plant material.